Friday, December 22, 2006

Sign of the Week: Police Patrol

This sign is at entry to the grocery store immediately across the street from our apartment. It's comforting to know police patrol here frequently. Actually, the sign is probably unnecessary. From its location, you can usually see at least two policemen on duty.
























The wording of signs like this often makes me smile. But actually, when you think about it, they do a pretty good job of communicating, for all their awkwardness. And I appreciate the effort. I mean, if I were asked to make a sign to put up at Timberline shopping center to help Japanese visitors understand policemen were on duty, I wouldn't do very well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The question arises...why is this sign in ENGLISH?? Who is it that that the store actually seeks to alert: "stay away, we have cops here?"!!! Ahh...yes, we must stop those english-speaking thieves from striking here again! :grin:

StevenHWicker said...

It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. 市川 Ichikawa New Local Patterns Japanese License Plate